Buying & Selling Businesses
What we do
You can only sell your business once, so it's vital you get it right. Our partners are business people in their own right and between them have bought and sold numerous companies and businesses. Our experience can help you through every step of what can be a difficult and stressful time.
Business sale and M&A advice
We can advise you on how to:
- Get your business in shape for a sale
- Structure the sale of your company or business
- Maximise the sale price of your business or company
- Minimising your tax liability on the sale of your business or company
- Negotiate the terms of the transaction including warranties and tax indemnities
- Do a management buyout (MBO), including help with funding MBOs
- Sell your shareholding in a company to another shareholder
Buying a business or company
Buying a business can be a great way to grow your company. This could be by swallowing up a competitor or diversifying into a new market.
Either way, you will want to make sure you don't make any mistakes in the valuation or the structure of the deal.
We can help you with:
- Business valuations and shareholder valuations
- How to structure the purchase of a business or company
- Advice on warranties and tax indemnities
- Raising finance to buy a company or business
Download our fact sheet on exit and succession planning.
Stephen Fox, Managing Director FCK London
"The team at Clark Howes were both diligent and patient in working with us on our recent purchase of London Creative. Although on the face of it this transaction should have been relatively straightforward it proved not to be. Their analysis of the situation, in-depth prognosis and straightforward response to issues as they arose was the glue that kept this deal together. We have every intention of using Clark Howes for our next transaction."
13th December 2016Entries are now open! The5th December 2016Over the summer HMRC published six consultation documents on24th November 2016On Wednesday 23 November the Chancellor Philip Hammond presented his first, and last, Autumn Statement along with the Spending Review…
29th September 2016WEDNESDAY, 2ND AUGUST 2017 10…27th September 2016TUESDAY, 12TH SEPTEMBER 2017 9…9th June 2016ConnectingDoorz is designed to help any new start-up business or solopreneur that needs guidance on what challenges they are facing…
Related Blog Posts
27th June 2016What can businesses expect after the Brexit result? On Thursday 23 June 2016, the UK public voted to leave the European Union…4th November 2014Tim is Managing Director of Clark Howes, accountants specialising in business growth…