Reciprocate Encounters - Basic Photoshop tips and tricks
TUESDAY, 20TH FEBRUARY 2018 9:15AM-12:00PM
In knowledgeable hands, Photoshop can do amazing things. This workshop will give you the techniques to make subtle but incredibly effective changes to your images, ensuring they look their best for your print. How do you easily remove an electricity pylon from a beautiful picture, how to cut out a person and avoid the harsh "Bart Simpson" effect. Answers to these and many more questions with useful tips and short cuts.
9:15-9:45 - Arrival and registration
9:45 - The processes that take place with image files from digital camera file to image file
- RGB to CMYK conversion to 72dip to 300dpi
- Avoiding huge file sizes
- Increase the background area
- Methods of sharpening an image
- The pitfalls if you go too far
10:45 - Break
11:00 - Basic clipping paths and featuring - using PSD file to format
- Joining two images/scans together
- Checking the background value to place it on a background on a page so it matches. Possible problems if ink density is above 280%
- Content aware fill
- Smart objects (Graphic Burger)
- Photoshop actions (PSD covers)
12:00 - Close
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone responsible for the day to day running of a charity.
- Trustees of charities
- Those with responsibility for designing or managing charities websites and marketing material.