Reciprocate Encounters - Practical data security in a post-GDPR world
TUESDAY, 3RD JULY 2018 12PM-2:30PM
Location: Allen Associates - Chatsworth House, East Point Business Park, Sandy Ln W, Oxford OX4 6LB
The Reciprocate Encounters programme continues with Andrew Elder from Bongo IT to talk about data security in a post-GDPR world.
- Intro - What has really changed with data security since GDPR?
- Analysis of your behaviour and how it relates to security/hacking (Open discussion).
- Encryption - what is it? Why does it help? How to use Bitlocker, and (other) mobile device encryption.
- Dual factor authentication, what is it? Why does it help? How it works with Office 365/Google Suite.
- Using VPNs, what is a VPN? Why does it help? How to do it for free.
- Data security checklist.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone responsible for data security in a charity.
- Anyone interested in practical ways to secure data.
- Anyone using Office 365.
Andrew helps run an Oxford based IT firm, and is a volunteer business mentor with Jennings. Andrew believes in the importance of contributing time towards CSR, with a particular interest in start-ups and the charity sector. His experience in IT has been wide ranging from building radio networks, to website development, and day-to-day ICT firefighting, giving him a broad range of knowledge in the area.
12:00PM - Arrival and refreshments
12:30PM - Workshop starts
2:30PM - Workshop closes
Please note that there are limited spaces for this workshop.