Sectors We Work In
Britain is one of the world's leading centres for technology. If you own or run one of these tech businesses, you will want advisors that understand this fast-moving and innovative sector.
The UK is home to world-class companies that include software developers, component designers, research and testing laboratories, and more. The sector in the UK is said to be growing at a faster rate than Silicon Valley.
Many of the these businesses, and others such as IT consultants, digital media firms and web designers, are start-ups. Others are more established and might be looking for the next round of funding or an exit strategy.
What they have in common is the need for expert advice. The rewards for success can be huge and a mistake at any stage can be costly.
Amongst other things, we advise technology businesses on:
- The availability of grants and Research & Development (R&D) tax credits
- Tax relief on intellectual property (IP) – Patent Box
- Payroll and employee share schemes
- Recognising losses as a deferred tax asset
- Product development costs (Capital expenditure/CapEx Vs Operational Expenditure/OpEx treatment) and other IP accounting
- Obtaining EIS status for share allotments
We can also help your business through every stage of its development. This covers:
- Corporate structure, business plans and management of intellectual property
- Finance and funding, including crowd funding - see our network.
- M&A support services
- International tax planning
- Business growth and expansion
- International expansion
- Succession and exit strategies
Phil Shadbolt, Managing Director Zeta Group
"Since recently appointing Clark Howes as accountants and business advisers for the Zeta Group, we are extremely impressed with their technical ability, level of service and the commercialism of the advice they provide.
Their people are knowledgeable and accessible, and they aren't afraid to go the extra mile above and beyond the financial. It is this level of personal service that sets Clark Howes apart from other firms."
28th January 2018We have been made aware that there are higher than normal numbers of scam emails hitting the inboxes of our clients and contacts…13th December 2016Entries are now open! The5th December 2016Over the summer HMRC published six consultation documents on
- Related Events
Related Blog Posts
27th June 2016What can businesses expect after the Brexit result? On Thursday 23 June 2016, the UK public voted to leave the European Union…4th November 2014Tim is Managing Director of Clark Howes, accountants specialising in business growth…
- Related Downloads